Reinforced concrete water towers of prefabricated elements
The structure of the towers
- Monolithic base plate and conical service level
- The body of the tower consists of precast reinforced concrete pipes stressed together with stressing strands laterally led through passage openings built in the pipe wall. Installation is performed on service platforms installed inside the pipes.
- After manufacturing the pipes, ladders, rest – and installation platforms are installed.
- At the top of the tower body precast beams are installed in the last pipe segment. The beams receive precast tiny concrete elements laid outwards from the centre. These tiny elements on the side have adequate rigidity and have protective railings of appropriate height installed prior to their erection.
- After that the monolithic bottom slabs of the reservoir is reinforced and concreted. This concrete foundation then receives a reinforced concrete pipe as an extension of the body leading to the reservoir top floor level giving also access to the roof.
- Then the reservoir is built from precast lateral and top elements in an area protected with a guard rail.
- no scaffolding is required
- shorter installation time due to prefabrication,
- high quality of precast structures increase lifetime